2nd annual night fishing event
We will be having dinner catered and will be enjoying it at Kona Bay Cafe's location. We will then have the participants search for coins and host a knot tying and fishing safety class with all the participants and mentors. We will be holding it on September 24th and meet at Kona Bay Cafe at 3:30 PM to set up. Participants will arrive at 4 PM and we will launch the boat to head out on the water at 6PM. We have a few things covered for the event, but we are still looking for sponsors for several items.
We would appreciate you either sponsoring or helping us find sponsors for the following -
- 4 hours on the Lady K Fishing Boat - $1500
- Catered Dinner - $500
- Swag Bags/take home items for participants - $350
- Snacks/Waters for the boat - $200
- Each Participant (up to 30) - $30 each
- PR for the event - $750
- First Aid and Misc. - $150
- Administrative Fees - $200
Thank you so much for being a part of the American Academy Family. We appreciate all the help and support you can give and are very excited about what our future holds for both our New Tutoring Center and our Education Enhancement Events.
Holiday Toy Drive
Mentors/Attendees – Mark, Stacy, Shae, Robyn, Steve, Jen, Brianna, Keith, Lorraine (+2), Branden, Dave VanCamp, Rashad, Darren (+1), Dennis, Rhonda, Dave F., 3-4 Veterans, 3-4 Staff members, Ron Strickley, Patrick
25-30 Participants, ages K-High School -- Grouped in 8-10 per group by ages for a total of 3 groups. (Minis, Ponies and Horses)
- 9:30 AM – Start Set-up
- 10:00 AM – Mentors arrival – Set-up
- 11:00 – Registration and Check-in/shirts at the entrance – Send all participants to the round pin to get a picture with the minis. After picture is taken, send them to the bleachers to sit.
- 11:30 – Arena – Welcome and introduce HERD Communication and Horse signals
- 11:45 – Start of 3x 30 minute rotations
- Working with the HERD – learning how to approach, horse signals and communication
- Craft – Decorating Horse Shoes and mini golf
- Garden – Learning compost, growing our own food and making farm to table salsa
- 1:15 PM – Lunch – hamburgers and hot dogs donated by Patrick and plates/utensils/sides donated by Cheney Bros. Salsa from Garden.
- 2:00 – Presentation
- 2:30 – Participants Pick up
Our 2nd annual youth tournament!
Our Spooktacular Event
It was a great time to share the love with our current sponsors and spread the news to others wanting to contribute to American Academy’s Vision for kids!! You won’t want to miss the next one!